Hello, I have a new blog!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://www.thehollywoodsew.com

tabs

 photo home-rec_zpsd28e3fb5.png     photo about-rec_zpsfb3dcef4.png     photo maternity-rec_zps5b4884ae.png     photo baby-rec_zps951ce2ef.png

Monday, March 4, 2013

THE BLACK AND WHITE CHALLENGE



Because one sewing challenge at a time is not enough, I have collaborated with some lovely ladies to make our own group challenge. Diane of Vintage Zest, Kristin of Sew Classic, Sabrina at Sweet French Toast, Tiffany at Tiffany's notions and knits and Victoria at Very Blissful are the other members, it's open to other novice sewists upon invitation so just comment if you are interested in joining. I can't wait to see everyone's projects through the stages. I love that this kind of group encourages exploration in something you wouldn't necessarily have thought of doing. For our first challenge we have picked 'Black and White'. When I think of 'black and white' as a fashion concept I see Gwen Stefani, Minnie Mouse, stripes, polka dots, sailors (yet that would probably be more navy and white) the list goes on....





I'm pretty sure I want to go for a crepe blouse, to cover my versatile blouse gap in my wardrobe. I will be buying the fabric online as I don't see myself having the time or energy to go into Manhattan with baby Zeke in time to complete the project for the challenge deadline (end of April). I'm thinking fabric.com as its the most affordable but it still scares me to order without feeling the weight of the fabric. I could buy a swatch but not all the fabrics I'm looking at have that option. Plus I can't find answers to the following questions- what weight is crepe suiting? Is this the same as crepe shirting? and is off-white verrrrrry noticeably not white at all or just a little faded/vintage white looking? 

No comments:

Post a Comment