Hello, I have a new blog!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://www.thehollywoodsew.com

tabs

 photo home-rec_zpsd28e3fb5.png     photo about-rec_zpsfb3dcef4.png     photo maternity-rec_zps5b4884ae.png     photo baby-rec_zps951ce2ef.png

Thursday, June 21, 2012

EXPANDING EMPIRE LINE WAISTS




Well I bought the fabric for the dress, a mint gingham cotton that is perfect for the summer. I decided to go for a sweetheart neckline and just figured out how to sew the seam so it will lay flat, by double lining the bodice I can sew the seam best sides together and have a cleaner edge. Let's see if it works in practice! Luckily I have a sweetheart neck maternity dress that I can copy for the bodice. I promised myself I would start this weekend, as this really shouldn't take so long, I'm just scared about fitting/sewing my first elastic waist and elastic back. The curtains are still not underway because I need Husband to hang the curtain wires before I measure out the fabric. To try and feel like I am actually getting something creative done I tried some new recipes and a favorite trusted one. These shortbread hearts are really easy and taste delicious, Husband loves them. The apartment is still coming together, although the heat is bound to slow down the progress, pictures coming once the painting is done and the last furniture piece built but I'm thrilled so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment