Hello, I have a new blog!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://www.thehollywoodsew.com

tabs

 photo home-rec_zpsd28e3fb5.png     photo about-rec_zpsfb3dcef4.png     photo maternity-rec_zps5b4884ae.png     photo baby-rec_zps951ce2ef.png

Friday, September 7, 2012

ONESIE LOVE




After seeing a myriad of t-shirt onesie tutorials I decided to make one for baby boy. Since all Husband’s old t-shirts had prints that were placed too low to use the original neck line I ended up drafting a onesie and sewing it from scratch just using pieces of the t-shirt, very labour intensive but the result is so cute! Im going to replace the clear snaps at the shoulder and bottom with neon ones to brighten it up. Next time I’m doing it the easy way and keeping the collar intact and cutting sleeves as part of the body, but it’s good to know I can make an actual traditional one when I want to.

I have been going craft crazy of late (working part time now gives me the opportunity to do so!) making paper flower arrangements, revamping frames for wall displays and planning all sorts of home dec projects. Fall has snuck up on me, maybe the intense NYC heat and humidity is to blame but I didn’t even realize it was here already! My favorite season and holiday (Halloween, although Husband says it’s actually Christmas) just in time for my nesting period, and I’m possessed with the idea of fall wreaths and spray painting things glossy black….

No comments:

Post a Comment