Hello, I have a new blog!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://www.thehollywoodsew.com

tabs

 photo home-rec_zpsd28e3fb5.png     photo about-rec_zpsfb3dcef4.png     photo maternity-rec_zps5b4884ae.png     photo baby-rec_zps951ce2ef.png

Monday, February 25, 2013

REVEAL: POLKA DOT SKIRT!







The polka dot skirt made an appearance at my brother's birthday brunch last weekend. It is really comfy and the lack of a slit didn't seem to pose a problem. The fabric is very thin so although a lining would make it more figure flattering, I think the lightness gives it a designer feel. I didn't use a pattern, it is basically two rectangles sewn together with french seams down the sides and an elastic casing at the top, hem on the bottom. I still plan on re-hemming it to a 1940's knee length after I have worn it in this length for a while. I wore it with a Paul Smith brooch my mum gave me for Christmas, that is made of vintage Valentino buttons to form an Owl (each brooch is unique and comes with a registration number).


I pinned the pieces of my Joan dress to the dress form and it looks as if it might be a good fit, fingers crossed! Now I just have to sew it together but that requires following instructions, which I hate to do!

1 comment:

  1. I just love the outfit you wore to your brother's birthday brunch! The skirt came out so well, and I am SO EXCITED to see the Joan dress when you're finished because it looks amazing on the dress form!!

    ReplyDelete