Hello, I have a new blog!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://www.thehollywoodsew.com

tabs

 photo home-rec_zpsd28e3fb5.png     photo about-rec_zpsfb3dcef4.png     photo maternity-rec_zps5b4884ae.png     photo baby-rec_zps951ce2ef.png

Friday, February 15, 2013

MAD MUM CHALLENGE!


I manage to read blogs that I follow on a daily basis but finding time to write my own is challenging to say the least, actually sewing seems to be impossible sometimes. Just when baby Zeke has fallen asleep I remember I need something that in his room to make progress on a current project. That plus exhaustion by the end of the day (trying to calculate pattern alterations while he is awake is not an option) means weeks can go by before I sew. This frustrates me no end. Then I read pattern reviews for a project I'm planning to do and the trials of others reminds me I am not alone, and that I have come a long way. After my first two garment attempts it seemed like sewing clothes would be more of a hobby than something I could actually wear, I genuinely thought that home sewing might not be durable enough for washing machines and actual movement in the clothes, such as sitting down or folding ones arms! I could have given up but I didn't, I don't know why I was so determined but I am so glad that I stuck it out and can now wash, wear, sit and move while wearing something I sewed. Now I have reflected on my appreciation for home sewing (a little behind sew grateful week which is right on time by my schedule haha) I can move onto more creative thoughts- my mad men dress challenge II plans. The pattern I intend to use is Simplicity 6123, with view A (bottom left) for the bodice and sleeves and view B (top left) for the skirt. The fabric is a green cotton sateen I got on sale at Joann's in Tennessee with my mum (her favorite colour is green actually so I will think of her when I wear this dress!) Although I relate much more to Betty's style I wanted to try something different and more typically retro so I took my inspiration from a dress worn by Joan.


 POST TITLE


Hopefully I will get this done on time for the April deadline! My goal is to cut the fabric this weekend.

1 comment: